The benefits of fluid analysis
Monitoring the condition of vital fluids, such as oil, coolant, fuel, diesel exhaust fluid and transformer oil provides visibility of asset performance and health across your entire business.
This can bring about a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced maintenance costs – servicing equipment when it needs to be serviced, rather than sticking to a rigid service schedule, significantly reduces life cycle costs.
- Minimise the risk of serious accidents – identifying potential faults early significantly reduces the risk of catastrophic failure and the possibility of operator injury.
- Optimise equipment life – fluid analysis protects vital components from unnecessary wear and tear, prolonging equipment life.
- Scheduled repair and maintenance – analysing fluids allows you to keep a close eye on the condition of vital components and schedule repairs and maintenance around your operations, reducing any unscheduled downtime and its associated costs.
- Extend oil life – changing oil based on its condition, instead of periodically, ensures that you get maximum value from every litre used and minimises the cost of disposal.
- Reduce waste and environmental impact – only changing fluids when they need replacing helps to reduce waste and the impact it may have on the environment.